Rejuv Medical Aesthetic Clinic
3301 45th Street South
Fargo, ND 58104
Phone: (701) 356-SKIN (7546)
Monday through Thursday: 9 a.m.–9 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Dermal Fillers/Lip Fillers
As we age, our faces naturally lose subcutaneous fat. The facial muscles are then working closer to the skin surface, so smile lines and crow’s feet become more apparent. Our facial skin also stretches, adding to this loss of facial volume. Other factors that affect the facial skin include sun exposure, heredity, and lifestyle.
What is a dermal filler and how does it work?
Dermal fillers are based on a substance that occurs naturally in the body. By boosting skin with the filler, it revitalizes and adds volume to the treated area(s) instantly. This diminishes the appearance of lines and wrinkles, giving a natural softer look.
Who is a candidate for dermal fillers?
Anyone who wants to diminish fine lines and wrinkles and restore volume and fullness to the face. Dermal fillers are an excellent option for patients who have specific problem areas on the face.
What are the benefits of dermal fillers?
- Immediate and long-lasting results
- Results specific to the patients desired look
- Decrease in fine lines and wrinkles
- Added volume in areas that have lost volume due to aging
What Dermal Fillers Treat
- Plump/Shape thin lips
- Enhance shallow contours
- Soften “smile lines” around the mouth
- Minimize nasolabial folds and marionette lines
- Restore volume to cheeks that look flattened or sunken
- Fill hollows and shadows under the eyes
- Create a more attractive profile by straightening the bridge of the nose
Fillers At Rejuv
By having a variety of fillers available, our aesthetic specialists can customize your treatment with a versatility most other practices can’t offer. Most of the fillers we use are made for specific areas of the face. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA, for example, is approved by the FDA to treat the cheeks, where volume loss can produce a sunken, or hollowed-out appearance. Here are some of the other dermal fillers available at Rejuv:
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC and Ultra Plus XC: JUVÉDERM products, like many other fillers, are made using hyaluronic acid (HA). This is a complex sugar naturally produced by the body which absorbs and stores water, helping to hydrate the skin. Ultra and Ultra Plus differ in their thickness. The XC indicates that the fillers — like virtually all fillers we use — are pre-mixed with lidocaine, an anesthetic that helps minimize discomfort during the injections.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC: A thinner gel, VOLBELLA is designed to add shape and definition to lips and correct fine lines around the mouth.
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE® XC: The most recent addition to the JUVÉDERM product line, VOLLURE is the first HA filler clinically proven to improve the appearance of nasolabial folds for up to 18 months.
- Revanesse® VersaTM : This hyaluronic acid filler is similar in formula to JUVÉDERM and other HA fillers. This injectable, however, uses Thixofix cross-linking technology that ensures the filler can be injected easier, making it simpler to shape and gives it a more natural feel and appearance when compared to thicker gel fillers.
- Restylane® Silk: This filler uses hyaluronic acid particles, rather than a smooth gel, to create plumper, contoured lips. Clients who want a poutier appearance may benefit from Restylane Silk.
- Restylane® Lyft: This filler provides us with an alternative to JUVÉDERM’s VOLUMA. It’s designed to be injected deeper into the skin in the mid-face area to produce a “lifted” appearance. The results can last up to 12 months.
- Sculptra® Aesthetic: Unlike JUVÉDERM and Restylane products, Sculptra is made using a poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) that gradually stimulates the natural production of collagen. It’s best suited for more severe volume loss on the cheeks and nasolabial folds.
Combining fillers in different areas of the face can create a “liquid facelift, ” dramatically restoring volume and the facial structure of your youth.
Many of our patients combine other facial rejuvenation treatments with BOTOX injections to get more comprehensive results. Combining injectables such as JUVÉDERM® products like VOLUMA® and VOLBELLA®, or KYBELLA® for a double chin, is commonly requested by patients.
Laser skin rejuvenation treatments such as Exilis Ultra™ skin tightening or the Halo™ hybrid fractional laser can improve the skin’s tone and texture. You may also benefit from getting a facial at Rejuv prior to having BOTOX injections. Our aesthetic specialists can help recommend a treatment plan based on your skin’s condition and your goals.Back to Top